Friday, December 5, 2014

Seeing the Future

"I have a phone call at 3:30," I said.


"How do you know?" quipped my child. "Can you see the future?"


Pause.


"Who am I going to be married to?" He wants proof.


I laughed. 


And then it hit me.


When you plan, sometimes, you can see the future.


I'm a go-with-the-flow girl. God's timing. God's provision. Divine intervention.


But there's also the verse that says, "The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty" (Proverbs 21:5 NIV).


Yeah. So as much as it goes against the grain of my free spirit, planning is a good thing. 

There's also the saying, "If you expect nothing, you'll get it every time."


Expect the best. Plan the future. Set a goal, then draw a map to it. 


Absolutely, you should consult God. And don't be surprised if you've misunderstood His counseling or if He throws your plans in the air just to remind you that He's in charge.


But when you do a little planning (I'm telling myself), you'll be surprised at how often you'll be able to see the future.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I love this post! It's perfect!