Monday, October 17, 2011

You ARE Organized!

(my desk. shhh . . .)
Imagine my surprise when I overheard Hubby telling someone, "Amy keeps us organized."


I almost spit out my teeth. 


"Organized?!" I interrupted.


If it had not been for a rare loss for words, I would've continued, "Have you seen my desk?! Or my inbox?! Have you noticed my blogstipation--ahem, the irregularity of my blog posts?!"


Few people would dub me organized. 


But that amazing Hubby of mine--the one who has the rare gift of seeing and proclaiming the best in me--he noticed.


Upon being chastised, he back-pedaled a bit. "Well, I mean that you keep our lives organized."


Oh. 


Well. 


He was right.


Sure, the laundry's piled up and you could hide a dinosaur on my desk. But when it comes to life--birthday cards and school stuff and being at the right place at the right time (or close enough)--it's true. I'm on it. 


(I live in a house full of boys. I really have no choice.)


So for you fellow scatter-brained, T-shirt-stained, got-hit-by-a-train moms: Everything may look like a crazy, chaotic mess. But underneath all that, where the growing hearts and minds of this world reside, where life happens (and the only place it really matters), you keep us organized.


Laundry can wait. 


Love can't. 


Life won't.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Love this post! So true! (And Dan: Well done!)